Storm Shield - Version 4.0
- (Released January 2018)
Storm Shield has been updated for iOS 11 and beyond. With this major update comes new map layers, new features and a sleek new design.
Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield Weather Radio gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms from county-based alerts by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Why is that important? Because county-based alerts can give you false alarms, warning you even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area.
• Get NOAA alerts just like a NOAA weather radio via voice and push notification no matter where you are in the United States.
• Share severe weather alerts with your family and friends to make sure they stay safe.
• Beautifully sharp radar map as your home screen so you can immediately see what's going on at your current and saved locations.
• View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
• Save additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
• Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in most cities listed below).
• New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
• Tap any storm alert polygon on the map to view info about that weather alert.
• New weather overlay called 'Snow Cover' that shows you snow accumulation across the United States.
• School Closings for Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Lansing-Jackson, Milwaukee, Nashville, Omaha and Tulsa.
View NOAA severe weather warning boxes on the map to see where dangerous weather is happening:
• NEW: Tap an alert to view its info.
• NEW: Show multiple severe weather layers on the map at the same time
• Flood watches and warnings
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks, watches and warnings
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
NEW WEATHER MAP LAYERS:
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
• Future Weather (in-app purchase subscription required)
• Lightning Alerts and notifications (in-app purchase subscription required)
NEW: Enhance your app with a Future Weather auto-renewing subscription for purchase in the app for $0.99/month to see:
• Radar up to 6 hours in the future
• Temperature Forecast map up to 12 hours in the future
• Storm Tracks to see how fast storms are moving and where they are headed
NEW: Enhance your app with a Lightning Strikes auto-renewing subscription for purchase in the app for $0.99/month:
• Receive lightning strike push notifications for your locations
• See lightning strikes on the map within 150 miles of a selected location